Communism is a form of Socialism based on common ownership of business by the State (or Collective), with no social classes and no representative government. The Government (State) is authoritarian in nature and the people have no freedom of speech and very limited rights. In Communism, the State manages the economy and the population top-down, as it deems fitting. There is no private ownership of assets. Communism is considered to be the polar opposite of democracy because the government tells you what to do as opposed to citizens telling the government what to do. With Communism the government has the power versus the people having the power in democracy (as well as equality).
To Build a Communist Society Do The Following:
1) Identify cohorts and enemies, reward supporters, punish non-supporters.
2) Drive your communism message continuously (define truth, rewrite history, make your story a religion, focus on youth and the needy, become a de facto parent figure).
3) Oversee basic needs (energy, food, education, technology, transportation, health care, law enforcement).
4) Manage the economy, communications and the workforce (pick winners, unionize).
5) Consume resources without constraints (create dependency, enrich insiders).
6) Suppress differing views (elections, social media, religion).
7) Create issues and crisis when needed to accomplish goals.
8) Take no responsibility for failure.
9) Build a strong enforcement/surveillance capability and monitor everything.
10) Use absolute force when required (project power, create fear, remove/weaken counter-force elements).